Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization and is pleased to support many community organizations and schools each year by donating admission tickets for fundraising purposes. Given the large number of requests, ticket donations are limited and must meet specific criteria. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo relies on its admission revenue to support its own operation and conservation work.
1. Requesting organizations must be located in the geographic Front Range/I-25 corridor from Denver to Pueblo.
2. Organizations must have a current non-profit, tax-exempt IRS 501 (c)(3) status (a photocopy of the current letter must be provided upon request from the Zoo).
3. School donations must directly support the educational programs of the applying school.
4. Priority will be given to organizations providing services to families in need, with particular emphasis on organizations providing early intervention services to help strengthen families.
Donations will not be made to the following:
1. Church or religious group fundraisers, including youth group fundraisers. Parochial schools or education programs emphasizing early intervention services to help families, however, are encouraged to apply.
2. Political fundraisers or organizations that are perceived to be political in any way.
3. School carnivals, bazaars, raffles, door prizes, prom events or events that do not directly support a school's educational programs.
4. Recognition events for employees including holiday parties, picnics, and other employee recognition events.
5. Individuals, sports teams, performing groups, races.
6. Third party fundraisers or sales promotions.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo does not donate memberships or behind the scene experiences. Each non-profit organization or school is eligible to receive one donation per year (May 1 - April 30). Your request will not be considered if you do not include your tax id number were space is provided. As multiple events sometimes benefit the same organization, please be advised that a donation may already have been issued through another event.
No phone calls please.
Donation requests will be reviewed on or around the 15th of the month two months prior to the event date (for example, if your event is on June 20, your request will be reviewed in mid-April). The organization requesting the donation will be contacted by email, regardless of whether or not the request is approved, within a week of the review date.